A little bit of moi - my new blog

janeiro 04, 2012

I’m at work (where I’ll usually write my posts), stuck with this lawsuit which won’t be going anywhere.

Oh, since I’ve mentioned it, let me talk a bit more about me.

I’m graduated in lawschool. Where I live, anybody can take lawschool. All you have to do is study to get into the university you want, even if you are a smart person, or an otaku, or a skinhead, or a prostitute.

Lawschools here teach you all kinds of laws you can imagine: civil, criminal, pension, business, financial, electoral, labor, administrative, constitutional, …

So anyway, when you graduate, you have a huge surprise: you don’t become a lawyer! Why? Because you need to take an exam. This exam consists in a 80 questions exam, which requires you to know everything you’ve “learned” in college: civil, criminal, pension, business, financial, electoral, labor, administrative, constitutional, …

So after you get approved in the 1st phase (civil, criminal, pension, business, financial, electoral, labor, administrative, constitutional, …) you take de 2nd phase, which is actually the area you want (civil or criminal or pension or business …).

The questions they are using since 2010 are practically the same used on exams for judges and prosecutors.

So… yeah. I can tell you something, I never wanted to take lawschool, I was “suggested” to do so. As such, I’m not a very big law groopie.
Besides studying for this unfair exam, I’m also having some hot affairs taking public procurement exams.

So, yeah. Being independent in Brazil ain’t a piece of cake. It’s more like a piece of volcanic rock in flames being thrown on your eyes. ♥

+++

I still suffer some prejudice when it comes to my music taste. For exemple, when I was in highschool, I burned a CD with some anime songs (because I used to be otaku) and I did a neat CD cover and put the lyrics in with wallpaper for every song. It was beautiful. Then a classmate found it and showed it to his friends and everybody wanted to listen to a tune to laugh at me.

Nowadays, since I live among adults, they simply make a face and say “weird song”. Once I replied saying that, if the song was really “weird”, it would still sound weird if it was in english. They thought for literally one second and said “nah”.

Oooh, but one day it was such an epic win! I was listening to Ringo Shiina. She sings in english sometimes and her pronunciation is perfect. My sister came in and said something like “you are finally listening to real music”. When I said the name of the artist, she grinned and stared at me like I was telling a lie. “Really?”, she said. I merely nodded and she kept quiet. Ha! Victory for once!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Be nice :)

Seguidores